Congratulations you have completed VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION for 2015.
Your ability to view this page does not confirm your registration...
ONLY an email confirmation will guarantee your spot.
You should bookmark this page.
Leave this page open and check your email in another window.
IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL:
1) Check your spam folder
2) If a confirmation email is not in your spam folder, then contact:
LuAnn Portugal at email@example.com
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ITEMS BELOW
1) EVENT RULES
2) LIABILITY WAIVER
You will be required to agree to and sign these documents during event check-in.
***BE SURE TO CHECK THIS PAGE OFTEN FOR UPDATES ***
1) EVENT RULES
Event rules have been established to provide for the safety of participants, volunteers and guests and provide the decorum necessary to ensure the objectives of our event are met.
The objectives of the Dallas 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb are to provide: a safe environment for climbers, volunteers and guests; a solemn and reverent memorial event that is free from commercial and political influence; an event that occurs annually on or near the September 11th anniversary date; an opportunity to honor the victims of 9/11 as well as fallen Texas heroes; an opportunity for local individuals, businesses and organizations to support local firefighters and police officers and their families; an opportunity for the public to witness local heroes commitment to duty and ability to perform; and, motivation for firefighters and police officers to be physically prepared for the rigors of the profession. Those who fail to abide by these rules may forfeit their right to participate in this and future Dallas 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb events.
VOLUNTEERS, PARTICIPANTS AND ALTERNATES SHALL
· Immediately advise an event coordinator if unable to attend
· Come appropriately attired (t-shirt and jeans or appropriate length shorts)
· Arrive on time and immediately check-in
· Read and sign appropriate liability waiver(s)
· Be attentive for and respectful of the symbolic elements of the event
· Follow the direction of any and all Event Coordinators and Directors
· Immediately notify your group leader and/or EMS personnel if you or someone you see needs medical assistance
· Check out before leaving the event
SPECIFICALLY, VOLUNTEERS SHALL
· (specific positions will be required to attend a MANDATORY training session)
· Ensure assignments are understood and completed, asking for help if it is needed
· Seek opportunities to serve, work with and stay with their assigned team.
· Help with event demobilization before leaving.
SPECIFICALLY, PARTICIPANTS AND ALTERNATES SHALL
· Ensure they have been physically cleared by a medical professional for their participation in this event
· Come prepared – hydrated and physically capable
· Report to staging ready to climb no later than 0745
· Stay in your assigned company from check-in until climb is completed
· STRICTLY COMPLY WITH OUR EMS TEAM’S GO/NO GO ASSESSMENT OF YOUR CONDITION
PARTICIPANTS AND ALTERNATES SHALL NOT
· Be granted their spot if they have not checked-in by 7:45am on the day of the event
· Race to the “top”– this climb is not a race and it isn’t about a personal or team best
· Bring or wear dirty or contaminated bunker gear / turnouts (defined as gear that is heavily soiled and poses a cross contamination hazard or has been contaminated with biohazards)
· Carry any equipment / tools with them during the climb
· During the climb discard their equipment any place other than at water stations
· Conduct themselves in a manner that reflects negatively upon the fire or police service
PARTICIPANTS, VOLUNTEERS AND GUESTS SHALL NOT sell, distribute or advertise any interest or product, commercial, political or otherwise nor shall they remove any items from the event without the expressed written consent of the Event Director.
2) LIABILITY WAIVER
RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR DALLAS 9-11 MEMORIAL STAIR CLIMB
I, ____________________________________________, (print first and last name) acknowledge that the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation, the Texas Line of Duty Death Task Force, The Renaissance Tower and the Dallas 9-11 Memorial Stair Climb organizers are permitting me the opportunity to participate in activities, events, or affairs of or sponsored by the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation, the Texas Line of Duty Death Task Force and the Dallas 9-11 Memorial Stair Climb organizers. In exchange,
I KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WAIVE AND RELEASE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS THAT I MAY HAVE OR MAY IN THE FUTURE AGAINST THE NATIONAL FALLEN FIREFIGHTERS FOUNDATION, THE TEXAS LINE OF DUTY DEATH TASK FORCE AND THE DALLAS 9-11 MEMORIAL STAIR CLIMB ORGANIZERS, AND ANY MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OR TRUSTEES OF THE NATIONAL FALLEN FIREFIGHTERS FOUNDATION AND ANY MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OR TRUSTEES OF THE TEXAS LINE OF DUTY DEATH TASK FORCE AND ANY OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EXECUTIVES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OPERATORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, VOLUNTEERS OR REPRESENTATIVES INVOLVED IN OR PARTICIPATING IN THE DALLAS 9-11 MEMORIAL STAIR CLIMB.
This waiver and release applies to all lawsuits, claims, demands, or disputes in any way connected to, related to, accruing from and/or arising out of my participation in the Dallas 9-11 Memorial Stair Climb or any property owned by, used to operate, or controlled by the released parties. Such claims includes, but are not limited to: claims for negligence, gross negligence, injury, death, accident, bodily injury, physical contact and fear of bodily injury; mental and emotional injuries or distress; intentional infliction of emotional distress; loss of or damage to any property; claims under any state or federal statute; claims under any common law doctrine of liability; claims related to any violation of any common law or constitutional provision; federal, state, county, municipal or other governmental statutes; ordinance, regulation or public policy.
THIS RELEASE IS GLOBAL IN NATURE AND UNDERSTOOD TO COVER ALL CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION.
I further acknowledge pursuant to Texas Civil Procedure and Remedies Code Section 84.004(c) that:
(1) volunteers are providing health care that is not administered for or in expectation of compensation; and (2) there are limitations on my ability to recover any damages from any volunteer in exchange for receiving these services.
I hereby authorize any images or video footage taken of myself, in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other images and video footage, to be displayed on the Dallas 9-11 Memorial Stair Climb Website and other official channels, and to be used for media purposes including promotional presentations and marketing campaigns.
I waive rights to privacy and compensation, which I may have in connection with such use of my name and likeness, including rights to be written copy that may be created in connection with video production, editing and promotion therewith.
I further acknowledge and agree that I have fully read and considered this release and waiver and that I have knowingly and voluntarily executed it, thereby obligating myself, my representatives and my estate to the terms of this release from any duress, coercion, threat, or intimidation.
I agree to the above described release and waiver as verified by my signature herein and confirm my intention to release the release parties of any liability for claims as explained above.
More information will be communicated via emails and Facebook as it becomes available.